Sunday, August 7, 2011

come, walk a day in my shoes

come walk a day in my shoes,
and i will show you what it takes to live like me,
i dont have money,
i dont have alot of things,
but there is one thing i do have,
thats the heart of a fighter.

you think life is hard?
sitting at the top,
you have money,
and a fancy car,
you have a career,
and a husband.

come walk a day in my shoes,
and learn what hard is.
day in and day out,
we scrounge to eat,
because we have no money.

come walk a day in my shoes,
were the sun isnt always aglow,
we see rain and thunder,
and tears are a given.

you think you have it rough?
because some jerk said your ugly?
you have no scars,
you are model thin.

come walk a day in my shoes,
i am covered in scars,
from living a life of hardships,
i have baby fat,
from the birth of my children.

you think you have it all?
there at the top?
a husband who works,
a nanny to watch your kids?

come walk a day in our shoes,
we dont have fancy cars,
or rich husbands,
we dont need nannys,
or housekeepers.

come walk a day in our shoes,
cause at the end of the day,
no matter how little we have,
the one thing we will always have,
is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment